Monday, February 9, 2009

Narrative concerning Edgar Dale's Cone of Experience

After reading Fadel and Lemke's "Multimodal Learning Through Media: What the Research Says", I wrote my narrative about Dale's Cone of Experience and concluded that the graphic that Dale developed in the 1950s does have merit when taken in the correct context and with an undestanding of what Dale was trying to convey. The above link was established via GDocs, however a graphic I included in the narrative was not save this way. By using ftp, I was able to perserve the graphic within the narrative and its link is given here, http://www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/lbartlett3/DaleConeNarr.doc

Technology I learned during this exercise: I was not successful in preserving an image in my file.doc file. This image was originally copied from the reading assignment.pdf file. It was successfully incorporated into the file.doc and saved, but was not perserved when I emailed it to Gmail as an attachment. In GDocs, the image is not present, but there is an empty field in its spot. Why does GDocs not perserve the image??? Note, however, by sending the file.doc to my ftp and linking to that location I was able to preserve the graphic. Here ftp has came to the rescue!!!!!!!!! Hooray ftp!!!!!

Later note 2/22/2009, I remembered how to use Blogger upload image button. Graphic must be in .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .png format (8MB max), so I selected, copied and pasted a image in Word.doc into MS Paint and converted to bitmat.bmp file, then uploaed to Blogger.

So here is Dale's original 1954 Cone of Experience (note no retention %).

No comments:

Post a Comment