Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Photoshop Express Modified Photo

I have embedded an image I took of the Moon. I played with several photo adjusting the highlights, exposure, color saturation and all the available tools provided by Photoshop Express. Then I stretched it to make it look as if it had been sketched. It looks like a geological map now. If you want to go to the Photoshop Express website click on the title of this blog entry.

My initial upload to blogger produced an image what was very large and overflowed the blog screen. The photo was not reduced from Photoshop Express when it was posted into Blogger. I assumed that it would be automatically resized to fit. So I fiddled with the image size parameters that were given in the image address when I hit the "link" button in Photoshop Express. I changed the width from 1600 to 400 and the height from 1200 to 300, preserving the aspect ratio. This worked and allowed the image to fit.

The link to the photo will give you an automatically resized image in a new window that can be expanded by clicking on it.

This technology will allow me to use photos taken in the lab, with a microscope or telescope, enhance and annotate the images, and use them to illustrate subject material in class.

The ISTE NETS addressed by this activity include 3a) demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations; and 5a) participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment