Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Solar System 2010 Desktop Graphic

Here is my desktop graphic,
http://www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/lbartlett3/solarsystem2010graphic.doc
Open and enjoy my specualtion as to the Great Planet Debate in our near future. I will use this graphic in my Earth Science class to illustrate that Pluto does not need to be demoted to a non-planet. We must simply realize that there are different classifications for ALL the planets.

This is a 69KB MS Word.doc file. I grabbed the image from a Google image search. I then copied in into Word since I have no experience using any graphics software. I did look as a couple of freewares, but decided in the interest of time I had to use Word. I added the catagory labels and created black blocks to cover unwanted labels on the original. I then cut, pasted, and saved the image into a new Word.doc file.
Initially I wanted to send it to GDocs via gmail and publish it from GDocs. We need to become more familiar with GDocs since ftp may eventually be fazed out. But in the end, I was not able to get GDocs to open the image with the mods I made, they were appended below the original image. Does anyone know how to get gmail/GDocs to open images correctly??
Finally, I simply sent the .doc image file to ftp and linked my blog to it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment