Friday, February 27, 2009

My Picasa/Google Web Album

I have created a web album using Picasa Web Album. I have also loaded Picasa 3 onto my machine and it is a great photo editor, much more so than Photoshop Express. It is intuitive and user friendly, BUT beware of what photos you are editing. I thought that I had open a photo on my Web Album, did some experimenting with the Picasa features, and ended up saving the photo over top the original photo on my machine. I thought I had lost the original forever, but I reloaded it into Picasa and backsteped the mods using "undo" many, many times.

I was also able to geotag my album and also individual photos. Google has Google Moon, Google Ocean, Google Sky, and Google Mars; I wonder if I could link Earth Science photos to locations on the Moon, Mars, in the oceans or the sky? Then students could understand where the subjects of interest are located.

This assignement yielded a great discovery. I could use it to archive photos to be used in an assignment and direct the students to find the album on GPhotos!

No comments:

Post a Comment